Local Driver Opportunities
Local Job Description
Premier’s local drivers are the backbone of our company. Their hour by hour service despite traffic, bad roads and grumpy motorists server their families, our clients and Premier. Local drivers think safety first, operate legal and look out for our clients pick-ups and deliveries. They average 1000 - 1500 miles per week. Drivers run all hours of the day, all days of the week. This I for you if you need daily home time. You’re earning your pay on miles, stops, safety bonus’s and working in the region where you live and work.
Local Driver Duties
- Responsible for safely driving a CMV and completing continuous training.
- Transporting customer freight from distribution centers to individual stores or backhauls from vendors to distribution centers or Premier facilities.
- Quarterly Inspections: PM Compliance, Damage Free, Safety Bonus, Clean Truck.
- Inspecting trucks for mechanical items and safety issues and have maintenance performed when required.
- ustomer Service: On time delivery and no customer complaints.
- Maintain accurate elogs using PeopleNet.
- Comply with all safety and DOT rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
Local Driver Requirements
- Class A CDL with 6 months of verifiable driving experience.
- Minimum age 23 years old.
- Pass DOT physical, DOT drug test and Premier Transportation road test.
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulation, policies and/or procedures.