Job Title:   Dock Supervisor
Location(s):   Montgomery, AL | Monroe, MI | Chicopee, MA
Experience: 2-5 years managing labor in the transportation or logistics field
Compensation: Depending on Experience
Manage and control the flow of the sort and segregation lines. Ensure the quality and
productivity of the team you are given to lead based on the quality requirements established by the
client and our internal KPIs.
- Report to Operations Manager and/or General Manager.
- Lead, guide and direct dock employees as needed to include setting targets, monitoring performance, providing coaching, correction and inspiration.
- Accountable for the management of an efficient, clean and safe dock operation.
- Enforce understanding and compliance with all Company policies and procedures; safety rules and government regulations.
- Responsible for meeting all KPI’s assigned.
- Oversight for equipment and tools used by your team to execute all necessary actions.
- Prior management, dispatch and dock experience required.
- Must be knowledgeable of local metropolitan area.
- Must have strong leadership skills including the ability to hire, coach, counsel, train, mentor and terminate employees.
- Team building and interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Must have good computer skills (AS/400 & MS Office a plus).
- Must be honest and a good human.
This Job Description is intended to describe the general requirements, level of work, and responsibilities.
It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.