Metro Atlanta, GA Area
Manage and control the flow of the sort and segregation lines. Ensure the quality and productivity of the team you are given to lead based on the quality requirements established by the client and our internal KPIs.
- Report to Operations Manager and/or General Manager.
- Lead, guide and direct dock employees as needed to include setting targets, monitoring performance, providing coaching, correction and inspiration.
- Accountable for the management of an efficient, clean and safe dock operation.
- Enforce understanding and compliance with all Company policies and procedures; safety rules and government regulations.
- Responsible for meeting all KPI’s assigned.
- Oversight for equipment and tools used by your team to execute all necessary actions.
- 2-5 years experience in transportation or logistics field.
- Prior management, dispatch and dock experience required.
- Must have good computer skills (AS/400 & MS Office a plus).
- Must have strong leadership skills including the ability to hire, coach, counsel, train, mentor and terminate employees.
- Team building and interpersonal skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of local metropolitan area.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Possess excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills.